SC Minority and Underserved Tech Scholarship fund
A group of tech-focused organizations is working together to create a fund to provide scholarships to train SC residents for entry-level software coding education and training programs.
Each student will be asked to agree to work for a participating company for one year after completion of the course if offered a position from them for more than $50,000 per year.
Full & partial scholarship companies are offered the opportunity to interact with the students 2 times per course. They are also recognized on the scholarship website.
What is the ask?
- $10k per full scholarship
- Help our mission by agreeing to help increase diversity in the workforce through scholarships and homegrown talent
What is the commitment?
- One scholarship or continual scholarships, plus the commitment to hiring the student(s) post-grad with a salary of $50,000 or more.
What does my company get out of it?
- Graduate agrees to work for the company for at least one year post-education (at a wage of $50k or greater)
- Studies show Homegrown graduates have been shown to have greater loyalty to their employer/home state
- Help to build a more robust training ground for new talent
Interested in helping our mission by offering scholarships? Fill out the interest form below and we will contact you with the next step in the process.