A B O U T
The Insurance Technology Services Cluster (iTs|SC) is an industry cluster in the Midlands region of South Carolina. Insurance technology can be defined as information technology applied to any aspect of insurance. As such, it touches every part of every insurance business process – from the time that the policy is sold until the last claim dollar is paid and the policy has expired. For insurance agents, companies, providers, claims adjusters, and almost everyone else in the insurance industry, technology is the backbone of their process, work and service. iTs|SC is dedicated to promoting the wealth of opportunities within the insurance technology cluster in the Midlands, which has has over 100 years of history, innovation and growth in the industry. The vision of iTs|SC is to grow the industry’s employers into the largest, most dynamic, and most competitive insurance technology cluster in the world. Contact project manager, Kristin Hamilton, for more information.
L E A D E R S H I P
BlueCross and BlueShield of SC
Industry Engagement Chair
Marketing & Communications Chair
Workforce Development Chair
M I S S I O N
The collaboration among the insurance technology cluster combined with the talent developed at the progressive research universities in South Carolina makes the Midlands a great place to do insurance business. Columbia is quickly becoming a talent magnet for innovative solutions providers in the insurance technology field.
It is estimated that about 15,000 jobs exist under the umbrella of insurance technology and services in Columbia, SC, from boutique software development firms to nationally recognized Fortune 500 leaders.
ITS|SC is dedicated to five goals in achieving its mission of helping increase the competitiveness of insurance technology and services in South Carolina:
• To attract and retain high quality professionals with technical and/or insurance industry experience to the Greater Columbia area.
• To identify, grow, and source local talent by collaborating with the educational and workforce development community through curriculum development, internships, and student engagement.
• To create a business and regulatory environment where insurance technology and services companies have a competitive edge.
• To support innovation within the industry to help companies develop more competitive products and services.
• To promote Columbia and South Carolina as a center of excellence in insurance technology and services.
L E A D E R S H I P I N S U R A N C E
iTs|SC and SC Council on Competitiveness launched the inaugural Leadership Insurance course in Spring 2014. Leadership Insurance is an 8-part course running in 2015 from March through October. The course seeks to further the industry’s opportunities in the Midlands by providing a place for its rising stars to connect, collaborate, learn and grow. Applications for the 2015 program are being accepted now: email Kristin Hamilton for more information.